Welcome back to another chapter of Random Branches! In the last chapter we discovered Sinbad had gotten abducted by aliens and was impregnated with one. He gave birth a couple days afterward to a boy he named Sion. Alexandra discovered she was pregnant and began to try to shape Atton to be the high society husband of her dreams. Much to the dismay of Atton’s family and best friends. At the very end of the chapter Carth, Kreia, Bailey, and Pip had put into action a plan to help make Atton realize that Alexandra was bad for him. And now onto the story.
The trip to Shang Simla wasn’t very eventful. Atton stared out of the window and hoped Alexandra wouldn’t be too angry at him for taking the trip with his sister. She would only graduate once.
The time they spent there was productive. They visited several places and most of them learned a little bit of martial arts, except for Bailey. She didn’t want to get all sweaty.
Statues were pushed, rubble cleared, treasure collected, chests opened, and hidden doors discovered.
They also traveled to many of the tourist places in Shang Simla. Over the course of the trip, Atton relaxed and began to thoroughly enjoy himself. Especially when he was around Bailey. He put it to him not having hung out with her in several months.
It was the last day of the vacation and they found themselves at the Temple of Heaven. Atton had gone up to the top floor to just look at Shang Simla one last time before they had to board a plane to return to Moonlight Falls. He couldn’t wait to go home. If his math was right, he could be returning home a father as Alexandra was due to give birth any time now.
“What’s on your mind?” Bailey said, having come up behind him.
“Alexandra could be giving birth any time now. I could be headed home and find out I’m a father. It’s a bit overwhelming.”
“I’ll always be willing to help you adjust to that. Speaking of that, will you continue to push me out of your life?” Bailey asked.
“I’ll have a chat with Alexandra and see if she’ll be open…”
“And we both know she’ll say no. Don’t sugar coat it for me, Atton. I’m a big girl. If you don’t want to be my best friend anymore, then just say it. Or just tell me that you’d prefer her as a girlfriend over me as a best friend. Stop sugar coating things.”
“But I want to be your best friend. It’s just…” Atton said quietly before trailing off.
Bailey sighed, “I hope you wake up to what she’s doing to you sooner rather than later, but I don’t want to argue with you. Not while we’re on vacation.”
The trip home was as uneventful as the trip to Shang Simla was. When the three Rands arrived home and stepped into the house, Carth knew something was different. And the look on his dad’s face said it all.
And that’s where the chapter ends. What’s so different that it’s got Sinbad all upset over? Will Atton wake up to Alexandra’s true colors and what will his child be like? Find out in chapters to come!
Progress towards Atton’s goals:
- Master an instrument – Piano at level 5
- Get married – He has a romantic interest
- Join Music Career – Achieved Chapter 1.8 when Alistair got Atton a job.
- Learn all songs – He knows all his skill level gives him
- Become Hit Movie Composer – He’s level 2 – Roadie
- Know all co-workers – Achieved Chapter 1.8 when Alistair got Atton a job (a mod from Twallan)
- Befriend 1 co-worker – Achieved Chapter 2.0. Pip Goodfellow and Atton are already Best Friends.
- Level 5 Logic – He’s got none.
Progress toward’s Mira’s goals:
- Grow a garden with every plant from the store (She’s gotten everything from the store except what requires 7 or higher gardening skill)
- Master gardening skill (Still at level 7.)
- Get married (Accomplished Chapter 1.0 when Mira married Sinbad)
- No woohoo until married (Accomplished Chapter 1.0 as Mira never woohooed before marrying Sinbad)
- Have a boy and a girl (Accomplished Chapter 1.1 as they have 2 boys and 1 girl as of that chapter)
Progress toward’s LTW’s
- Mira – Illustrious Author: Level 2 Painting, Level 6 Writing
- Sinbad – Master Thief: Cat Burglar – Level 9
- Atton – Hit Movie Composer: Roadie – Level 2